12 Feb 2026, Thursday

12 Feb 2026, Thursday

Prioritized Daily Task

5:10 am - 1st shift Seratoga Springs Temple

10:30 am - Debbiee, Temple endowment session appointment

Doctrine and Covenants 59:21 And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments.

I was sound asleep when the alarm went off at about 3 am this morning.  I had prayer, showered, shaved, and got dressed.  Debbie got up, and we had prayer together.  While she was praying asking Heavenly Father to bless Clara, Kenna, and Sam, who are expecting babies in their family, it came to me that what Matthew and I are experiencing with purchasing the 2 nursing homes is in some ways like Samantha bringing forth two babies into this world.  There is a lot of pain, being uncomfortable, not knowing everything will be OK but having faith it will; there is a mist of darkness we are in.  We drove two cars to the temple this morning.  Debbie is planning to stay for an endowment session after our shift ends.  I canceled my appointment to be back home for the nursing home purchase conference meeting.  I worked the front recommend desk this morning; I almost went to sleep working on helping the girls in the Saratoga Springs Temple office.  I went to a training meeting.  I worked in the laundry, folding towels, clothes, etc.  I worked in initiatiory for an hour.   I saw Debbie and she told me I had not only canceled my appointment for the 10:30 am endowment session but I also canceled hers.  She was OK with it because she wanted to go home and get some sleep.  Matthew called me with Karen Forrister, CEO, and David Lemcke CFO on the call.

Elder Ethan Hobbs, my grandon, in the Peruvian MTC face-timed me, with his mother Rae Lynn on the split screen so Debbie and I could also see and talke to her.  I sent Elder Hobbs a copy of Beth's talk at her Stake Conference.  It mirrored the talk President Oaks gave a few days later.  I got Elder Hobbs call bout 20 minutes before the conference call at 2:30 pm Mountain Time with:  Carter Fiorita - organizer - Matt McAlpin - creator - Charnes, Ann Marie - Anas Siddiqui - Payne, Ashley M. - Charlie Weitz - Chris Hockman - Ed Williams - Jared Flamm - Jeff Johnson - Judy Ellison - Keith Salmeri - Johnson, Kevin D. - Hargrove, Kimberly Jill - Kim, Nam - Barber, Robin - Faulkner, Richard - Thomas Croft - Boone, Vickie G. - Len McAlpin - Schiff, Blair L. - optional - Hurlburt, Randall - optional (legal team, underwriter team, closure team, in-house council team, etc). After we got out of the meeting, I had an email from David Lemcke, the CFO we talked to earlier today.  *I thought he and Karen Forrister, CEO, were persuaded to work with us until I received an email this afternoon, "Like I said, Reliable is making up for lost time. Given all of the above, we cannot agree to an increase in lease payments."  He brought up the Provider Fees owed to the government.  I checked the emails and found Gateway owes the Georgia Department of Community Health $2,269,710.52 as of 10 Dec. 2025, and Chulio in Rome owes $2,996,523.88 as of 10 Dec 2025.  That is over 5 million dollars.  I worked on proofreading and editing 1982 Journal.   Worked on getting Tax returns on the nursing home ownership entity or entities for tax years 2022, 2023, and 2024,  and Executed buy-sell agreement to be sent to the commercial bank lender for the 2 nursing homes.  Debbie got home from taking Ocie's gymnastics competition and Chick-fil-A.  I could not find the 2023 K-1 from A&M.  Debbie and I had prayer and got to bed about 10:30 pm.

Comments