13 Feb 2026, Friday

13 Feb 2026, Friday

Prioritized Daily Task

3:00 pm - Debbie's dentist appointment

Matthew called this morning at 7:30 am.  I was sound asleep, but had my 8 hours plus sleep last night.  I was tired from the last two nights; the night before last I only got 3.5 hours of sleep. When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I stayed up 36, 48 hours, and longer without any sleep.  I can't do that now.  I had my personal prayer and talked to Matthew.  I tried calling Karen Forrister, CEO, and left her a message to call me back.  I called Jan Morris, the owner, and left her a message.  She called me back.  We had a good visit.  I suggested taking the difference of about $20,000 rent from Floyd Nursing Home and putting it with Gateway's rent, so it is not under the table.  I also had the opportunity to tell her how James Morris, Wayne Abercrombie, and I came to be partners in Floyd Nursing Home.   I provided the CON from Valley View, James brought Wane and me together, and he put up the down payment to build the 100-bed Floyd Nursing Home.  I gave Wayne 1/3 ownership for putting up the down payment, and James 1/3 ownership for bringing Wayne, who brought the money.   Later, they gave me 1/3 ownership in Gateway/White County Nursing Home.   We took the operating company from Joan DuPont and gave it to Andy Morris, James' brother; all of our nursing homes, with their accounts receivable, we gave to Andy.  I told Jan, Andy's wife, that things are now turned around, and we need help.  She was very nice, but said the things I am asking, she can not help.  The only real thing I am asking is that the rent /lease on Gateway Nursing Home, which has not been raised since the lease was signed in 2003 (in an email to CEO, Karen Forrister, Feb. 9th) be raised to that of the industry standard.  Debbie and I had prayer together.  She made me a supplement drink, and I worked on editing my 1982 journal.  I took a break to send my personal financial statement for getting a commercial loan to purchase Gateway and Floyd Nursing Homes.  I had a late snack, studied about AZUBAH, mother of Jehoshaphat, King of Judah.  When Debbie got home from getting the crown put on her tooth at the dentist and going shopping for Valentine's Day tomorrow, we had prayer together and got to bed about 11:00 pm.

Comments