20 Feb 2026, Friday

20 Feb 2026, Friday

Prioritized Daily Task

8:45 am - Debbie's appointment at Revere Imaging

5:00 pm - Date night with Debbie

Give the account name, ID numbers, routing numbers, and account numbers to the title company

Note: email to Elder Baylen Johnson: As we previously discussed, many individuals were foreordained in the pre-existence to accomplish specific missions during their time on Earth. Building on that, I would like you to reflect on the temple ordinances, promises, and blessings you have received.                                                                                                     Your eternal progression depends on how faithfully you uphold these covenants. While the Lord is always constant in His promises, it is up to us to remain true to our part of the covenant. Consider the person you are becoming and the blessings promised to those who remain faithful throughout this mortal life.

That is enough. Ponder the things you are taught in the temple. "We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here—today and always." Becoming a Missionary, By Elder David A. Bednar

Grandpa and Grandma Debbie McAlpin

Up at 6:00 am and had prayer.  I let Debbie sleep, and I went to work on the details of the purchase of A&M and the two nursing homes.  I worked more on proofreading and editing my 1984 journal.  Debbie and I had prayer together before she went to her doctor's appointment and lab work.  Later, when she got back, I went to the Legacy Center to exercise and walk.  Matthew called, and the Title Company, which is handling the closing, needs a revised closing statement document signed.  I came back home and electronically signed it with DocuSign.  Before I left to go back to the gym, Mary from the title company called and wanted to verify my Wells Fargo bank account information.  I decided to wait for about 3 hours until their offices close back east, and then I will go to the Legacy Center and exercise and walk.  I received an email from Rich Faulkner, our attorney, and copied it below. Note:  Faulkner, Richard         

Mesa Team, Len, and Matt --                                                                                                                                   We have a tradition at Baker Donelson where we ring a giant bell hanging in the office at each closing.  We’re ringing it now for you.                                                                                             Congratulations on a successful closing!                                                                                  We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.                                                                            Rich is with Baker Donelson, a national law firm with more than 700 attorneys and public policy advisors representing more than 30 practice areas to serve.

Rae Lynn called me this afternoon.  She is at her friend Jen's family in Lehi.   She is looking for a ride to Brighton Ski resort in the morning.   I told her Debbie is going up to Logan in the morning, and I can't let her use our other car because I am picking Matthew up at the airport in the morning, but if she can not find a ride or car, I will take her and Owen up to Brighton in the morning.  She texted me later.  She and Owen wanted to get something to eat, and she rented a car and has her transportation taken care of.  While I was jogging/walking, Matt connected me on a 3-way phone call with him and Rich.  Matthew is coming up to Utah tomorrow, and we will meet with Rich again on Monday.  Debbie and I went to Arby's for dinner and then over to Timpanogos Regional Hospital in Orem.  We saw Tyler, Samantha, Wells, and Lettie.  We visited with them until about 8:30 when Tyler's sister came.  Debbie and I got home and had prayer together before going to bed.


Wells, Great-grandpa Leonard, Lettie 

                                                         Wells, Great-grandma Debbie, Lettie



 

Comments