20 Mar 2026, Friday

20 Mar 2026, Friday 

Prioritized Daily Task

11:00am - Mount Timpanogos Temple w. Pam and Rick, initiatory 

4:00pm - Matt McCleary, CPA for 2025 taxes

5:30pm - Tate's game at Jordan HS

Matt's agenda: Meet in Cartersville with Seth White, Area Synovus Banker in charge of the Rockmart Nursing Home Loan, about getting it extended for another 8 months, and going to breakfast together.

Afterwards, drive up to Chattanooga and meet with Richard "Rich" Faulkner, Attorney and banker, about a loan to refinance the Gateway Nursing Home.

Note:  Easter will be here soon (Sunday, 5 April 2026);  I watched a podcast this morning on YouTube; The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is considered the most historically and archaeologically authentic burial place of Jesus Christ. While the Garden Tomb offers a peaceful setting for reflection, most experts believe it dates to a much earlier period (8th–7th centuries BC) and is not the original tomb.

I woke at 5:30am, had prayer, showered, shaved, and when Debbie woke, we had prayer together before starting the day. I studied, we got ready and met Pam and Rick Allenbach at the Mt. Timpanogas Temple.  We all did initiatory family file work.  Afterwards, we went to lunch at La Costa Mexican Restaurant in American Fork.  Matthew met with Seth White this morning, and when he finished his meeting with Rich and the banker in Chattanooga, he called.  At 4 pm, Debbie and I met with Matt McCleary and reviewed the information for our 2025 year-end tax returns.  I called Matthew when we talked about structuring the purchase of A&M Investments for tax purposes.  I worked on my 1989 Journal.  After Matt met with Karen Forrister and David Lemcke yesterday, Jan Morris the owner of Reliable Health Care that leases and operates our nursing homes, sent me this text at 4:27pm:  "Len, Jan here, we need to have a conversation. I keep on hearing things thru the grapevine and from Karen that needs to be cleared up. Give me a call."  When I finished up my meeting today I replied to Jan's text message:  "Jan,

I received a text message from you yesterday afternoon, saying that you wanted to talk.  I was up yesterday at 3:00am and did not get to bed until late.  It was my son’s 50th birthday.

                  Matthew has an 84-year-old salesman working for him who does more work and makes more sales than all the other salespeople he has working for him.   He started in the nursing home business years ago.  Because of him, I was motivated to think I wanted to get back in the business.  

                  Things are not the same now as they were when Wayne, James, and I were working together.   I never had a reason to question anything they said or did.  We gave Andy, your husband and James’ brother, all of our nursing homes with their receivables and structured the leases in his favor.  

                  I never dreamed I would be in the situation I am in now.  The desire to be like Allen Schwartz, Matt’s 84-year-old salesman, has gone.  I told Matthew that I have thought long and hard about the situation as it is now with the nursing homes, and I think it would be best for him to take the ball and run with it.  

                  Anything that has to do with business, you can talk to Matthew; if it has to do with family or of a personal matter, you can call me anytime.

Len"

Debbie was going to Tate's lacrosse game, but Allison called and wanted her to meet with her, Ellie, and other cousins.  I took time to reply to the text Jan sent me yesterday.  I worked on my 1989 journal; I realized today that I had sent it back to Kayla to have the girls retype the journal because it was taking to long to correct the mistakes and selling.  Later I had a light dinner.  I worked with Copilot in merging duplicate pages in the 2014-2015-2017 journal planner while Debbie and I were in Serbia.  I think I have about half of it completed.  When Debbie got home, we had prayer together before going to bed.

Comments