23 Mar 2026, Monday

23 Mar 2026, Monday

Prioritized Daily Task

9:00 am - Debbie's therapy canceled 

Debbie is in Twin Falls

Take garbage and recycling to the street for pickup

Made reservations at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno Clovis, 1450 Shaw Avenue, Clovis, California 93611 for 2 adults Fri. 27th, check out Mon. 30th, 2026  Confirmation #74436352 

Legacy Center - exercise

Work on journals:

Journals received from Kayla to be proofread and edited.  1989 see *Mar 12th, and 2014-17 (Michael helping me with Copilot A.I. to merge and delete duplicate pages)

Journals I have proofread and edited,  and sent back to Kayla to keep as COMPLETED:

1976-81, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988

Journals I need to proofread and edit before sending to Kayla as completed:  1983, 1987, 1989, 1990, ///Franklin Planners “F.Ps.” 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 

*March 12, 2026, Thursday I send by email 1989 Journal with this message:  Kayla, 

I am attaching the 1989 proofread and edited journal I have been working on for several days.  This journal is much like the first journals the girls typed.  I have stopped on Saturday, Feb. 11th.  

The month of January and 10 days in February will give her enough to review and. understand what and how I write.

Thanks

 I need to follow up on Tuesday, 10 March 2026 email to Kayla:  Can you take the yellow highlight out of wording in this Journal 1976-1981?  Also remove the pink and white sticky notes on the front of the hard cover but put the date sticker on it?  Then please send it back to me to keep.

Journals I have not received from the girls who type and proofread as of today, Monday, 23rd March: 

`NOTE:

Email I sent this morning:  Len McAlpin <lenmcalpin@gmail.com>           To: Kayla, ryan.kauff, saravanan

Email to Kayla, Kevin, and customer support

An update on what I have NOT RECEIVED and what has been completed:

1. I have not received typed and proofread Journals 1983, 1987, and 1990.  They need to be done before we start on the Franklin Planners that you have scanned.

2. Regarding the 1989 Journal that I started proofreading and editing, I finished the month of January and 10 days into  February before I gave up.  It had so many errors and mistakes that I sent it back on March 12th to be retyped.

On March 10th, I sent you the 1976-1981 Journal that is completed, but I would appreciate if the yellow highlight can be removed.  The Journals that are completed are 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, and 1988.  

Thank you,                                                                                                 JLM

NOTE:  "Time always seems plentiful until the day it runs out" Alma 34:33 "... if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed."  God's patience has a limit.

Note: Grannybug used this on all her children, including me

In 1968, two psychologists named Rosenthal and Jacobson ran one of the strangest experiments in academic history.

They gave elementary school kids a standard IQ test. Then they told teachers — completely at random — which students were about to "bloom." Not based on the scores. Just made-up names handed to teachers on a list.

By the end of the school year, the kids on that arbitrary list had significantly outperformed their peers on actual IQ tests.

The teachers hadn't cheated. They hadn't even tried. But their expectations had quietly changed how they called on students, how long they waited for answers, how much encouragement they gave. Small signals. Massive outcomes.

The psychologists called it the Pygmalion Effect.

The idea is deceptively simple: belief reshapes reality… because people act as if it is true. And those actions add up until the prophecy comes true on its own.

Slept in, had prayer, took the garbage and recycling to the street, called and made reservations for a room, Confirmation #74436352 for Courtyard by Marriott Fresno Clovis, 1450 Shaw Avenue, Clovis, California 93611. I went to the Legacy Center to exercise for about 45 minutes to an hour.  I worked up a little sweat.   When I was younger, there would have been no sweat/moisture from the amount of exercise I did.  I mixed up a package of Unilmate Supplement drink in about a pint of water.  I received several emails today from Elder Ethan Hobbs with some good questions.  Lon Nield called, and I saw and talked to Dan Hammond and his son, Brraice.  Dan asked about going to the temple again with Debbie and me.  Later, I had dinner, studied and watched a movie.  I talked to Debbie before going to bed, and we had prayer together.

Comments