17 Apr 2026, Friday

 

17 Apr 2026 Friday 

Prioritized Daily Task 

Anndalyn Hobbs' 44th Birthday

Contact Unclaimed Property  (855) 329-9863                                         Georgia Department of Revenue,                                                                   Local Government Services Division, Unclaimed Property Section,         4125 Welcome All Road RM # 701, Atlanta, GA 30349                       METROPOLITAN LIFE INSURANCE Co., Name of Owner, VALLEY VIEW INC, RUSH JACKIE J, Report Year: 2014 Property ID: 9330912  Cash Value $126,227.96, Proceeds Due Beneficiaries, Original Reported Address RR 4 BOX 158 ROME, GA 30161                                

COPIED FROM MY - July 31, 1977 (Sunday)                                            The hand that is guiding us is as clear as the “hand” the brother of Jared saw in the book of Ether (Book of Mormon).  I applied for a job with Medical Investments Corp., Dean Fowler Pres. They have over 4,000 nursing home beds. They planned to lease the Valley View Nursing Home, and I was going to work as the Administrator before the lease fell through. They wanted me to go to work in Gainesville, GA. about 120 miles from Rome at a new 100-bed home. But after praying, I didn't feel good about moving from Rome to Gainesville to take the job.  I am now in the process of dealing with Jack Rush, the owner of Valley View Rest Home, to lease the operation.  It would mean a good income for us, and I would not be tied down as I would have been with Medical Invest. Group. But I need about $35,000, which I don't have.  But I'm moving ahead with plans to lease and will let Heavenly Father take care of what I can’t handle.  Shorter College called the other day, and I spoke with them about going back to college.  Yesterday or the day before, I received my acceptance letter. So, it looks like Heavenly Father wants me back in school now.  I really feel more blessed than any person alive. My heart is so full of joy and happiness.  Family prayer and to bed.

Monday 16 April 1984                                                                                         *Took boys to school. Went to work. Busy day. Took all the funds Patt and I have, or almost all our savings, and borrowed $28,043.00 for a meeting with Jack Rush to pay him tomorrow for the purchase of Valley View Nursing Home. 

I was up at 6 am, had prayer, and listened to President Oaks speak at the Sunday Morning Session of General Conference.  I worked on my 1989 daily journal until 8:00 am.  It is 10:00 am in Atlanta, Georgia when I called the Unclaimed Property Dept. at the Georgia Department of Revenue (855) 329-9863 and was put on hold for about an hour.  I spoke with a very nice lady who gave me my claim ID number, 2702706.  She said they were working on the claim now.  I asked her how long before it is completed.  She said it takes 60 to 90 business days to process a claim.  It could take longer if they need additional information.  I talked to Matthew. I had forgotten to turn on security cameras - check hot water heaters at the cabin in Heber - return skis, boots, and poles stored there back to Big Als at Orem Mall. The last item: Give Matthew's employee the office key in Provo.  After Matthew, Earlton Youngblood, an old friend, called and wanted to borrow $5,000 to farm watermillons and plant clover on his 30 acres of cleared land to start keeping a few bee hives.  I told him it will be the end of the month or the first of May before I mail him a check.  I told him to call me if he doesn't get the check.  I have a little brain fog and do forget things.  He told me about what he is doing to slow or correct his brain fog.  He takes tablespoons of coconut oil a couple of times a day, and it is helping.  One to two tablespoons of coconut oil moderate amount to take daily.  I told Earlton, $5,000 is all you can tap me for.  Don't come back asking for more.  He said he can make things work for five thousand.  I am writing this down so I don't forget. Debbie and I had lunch at 1pm. I booked a one-way flight to Orange County (SNA) from PRO on Tuesday, June 2nd to attend Tucker's graduation from San Clemente High School. I got a treat from the freezer for Debbie and me.  I am having a difficult time staying awake.  At about 5 pm, I left and drove the Tesla up to the cabin in Heber.  I called Matt and turned the camera on in the lower level and the camera on in the family room on the 2nd floor.  The hot water heater was turned down to low.  I had to FaceTime with Matt to get the correct skis, snowboards, boots, and poles.  I returned them, took a picture of the receipt, and sent it to Matt.   When I got home, Debbie was working on Tucker Lea's graduation on June 4th.  I did some proofreading and editing of my 1989 journal.  Later, Debbie and I had prayer and went to bed at 12:30 am.




Journal hard copies with pictures from 2012 


Franklin Planner daily journals from 1996 to 2011




Comments