18 May 2026, Monday

 18 May 2026, Monday

Prioritized Daily Task  

Note: Earlton Youngblood sent me the first payment of $177.28 with a note not to deposit or cash it until after June 1st.

Note: Repentance is not a substitute for obedience because of consequences (collateral damage).   We cannot sit on our hands and think all will be well in the end when we repent.  (That is false doctrine.)   "Stand Forever" Ep. 13 | The Way—Choose Christ | Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge                           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7ZmRszoko&t=2790s

9:00 am depart Twin Falls for Wellsville to celebrate Carter Hobb's 16th birthday tomorrow, the 19th.

I was up at 7 a.m. and had prayer.  I put some of my thoughts down before I talked to Matthew.  We are now out of business with Janie Morris, and I would like to see us out of business with Jan Morris also.  The bed lease fees need to be paid.  I put the following thoughts in an email to Matthew:  "I suggest Jan and Jamie Morris be open and transparent.  If they want Gateway and it's 60 bed CON, they purchase it for the amount that is owed.

I have thought more about asking for a percentage of ownership in Reliable in our negotiations.  It would make the value of our facilities more valuable to us, but I have seen how difficult it is to do business with Jan and Janie.  I think we should be arm's-length and all our business arrangements documented and signed by all parties.

Regarding the Cottages at Rockmart, formerly Cason Road Nursing Home, I would suggest you get a written agreement and action taken toward completion of that agreement, and no way left to reverse it with ALL your agreements first, before lowering the lease payments.

I would like to see all the nursing homes, Floyd, Sandmont, and Rockmart, with HUD-type leases."                                                                              Matthew found and sent the information the bank has requested to complete the new loan on Gateway N.H.  We told Jody goodbye and drove to Wellsville.  Matthew called and said he had a buyer wanting to purchase Floyd/Chulio N.H. for $10 million cash.  I asked Matthew what he thought, and Debbie was in on the conversation.  I told Matthew we should keep it and, down the road, rebuild or join with another owner of a few nursing homes and sell them all to a big chain N.H. company.  We stopped in Logan and filled the Outback with gas at the Costco Wholesale gas station.  We got the car washed and drove over to Ryan and Stephanie.  We picked Carter up walking home and took him to Jimmy Johns we we all had sandwiches, chips, and a drink.  We got Carter back home and visited with his mother, father, brothers, and Abby, his sister.  We drove back home in Lehi.  I talked to Michael, and he still has not gotten the power easement signed for Curt Lathon's brother, Jeff.  While we were talking, he sent a text to his contact at the power company asking them to send the papers that he needs to sign and have notarized to me in Lehi.  I will get them to him the first of June when I go down for Tucker's graduation.  Rae Lynn called today.  She is trying to get things together from being gone on the 12-year-old grandchildren before leaving on another cruise with Brett.  Debbie and I had prayer before going to bed around 11:00 p.m.


Comments