30 May 2026, Saturday
30 May 2026, Saturday
Prioritized Daily Task
Note: Faith is a choice, not a chance. Faith is in Christ, not in outcomes. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego were sentenced to be thrown into the fiery furnace for not worshiping the 90-foot gold statue Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon had built. They said to the king, we know you can throw us in the furnace, but we know our God can save us. But if He does’t, we still will not bow down and worship your god. Daniel 3
I liked the way sister Lori Newbold likened the scriptures unto herself by putting herself in the place of Naomi, and Naomi in the place of Jesus Christ. Ruth said to her mother-in-law, Naomi, I will not leave you and go back to the places and people from where I came. Where you go, I will go, where you lodge, I will lodge, your people shall be my people, your God my God, and more also, and nothing can part me from you, not even death. Ruth 1:14-18 (I really liked this. (I knew these scriptures, but I had never thought of likening them to myself.)
Who am I? You and I are a son or a daughter of God. We are in the image of God. When we are dishonest, we are denying who we really are. The mist of darkness is real, and we don't see who we are becoming. Observe, watch yourselves. (King Benjamin, Mosiah 4:30) People can deal with almost anything if they are dealing with truth; integrity is absolutely essential. When you let a half-truth or a shaded truth go unchecked, you are becoming dishonest. (This is something I have been working on for some time, letting people believe something I know is not true.) There can be no repentance without integrity. Repentance begins with being honest, owning your sins, not denying or covering them. The couplet "As man now is, God once was; as God now is, man may be" is by Lorenzo Snow. "Stand Forever" Ep. 17 | The Truth—Who Are You? Part I | Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge
I was up at 7:00am. Debbie and I had prayer. I showered, shaved, and decided it would be good to include in my fast a request for continued help with the challenge we are having with the nursing homes in Georgia. I worked on proofreading and editing my 1989 journal. Jarred and Max came over and spent the day framing the bedroom and bathroom upstairs. Jared ran a plastic tarp from floor to ceiling, wall to wall, to keep the sawdust, etc., from getting in the other half of the upstairs. Debbie and I had prayer together and thanked the Lord for all his many blessing he is pouring out on us. and all his children. We got to bed at about 11:30 pm.
Comments
Post a Comment