21 Jun 2026, Sunday

21 Jun 2026, Sunday

Prioritized Daily Task

Church at 12 Noon here at Lehi 7th Ward with Beth.

1:30pm - Beth to Heliman Hall building 9

3:00pm - Take Beth to catch her flight back to Orange County and pick up Maggie and Andrew, who are flying in from spending the weekend with their dad, JC Davis.

Father's Day:  Note: BRAD TRONSON, 1st Counselor in our ward's Elders Quorum Presidency, taught our priesthood lesson on Sunday, June 14th.

From Dad knowing and being right about everything.

5 years old: "My Dad knows everything!”

7 years old: "Dad knows a lot.”

10 years old: "Maybe Dad doesn't know everything."

12 years old: “Dad doesn’t know anything.”  

14 years old: "Dad has gone completely crazy!"

16 years old: “I can’t take dad seriously.”

18 years old: "What does he even know?"

22 years old: “Dad’s talking nonsense.”

24 years old: “I know more than dad.”

26 years old: “Dad seems to know some things after all.”

30 years old: “I think I should ask Dad about this.”

40 years old: “It’s amazing how Dad went through all this.”

45 years old: “Dad’s been right all along.”

50 years old: “If Dad were here.   I could have learned so much from him.  So, while you can still listen to him, appreciate him because one day, his silence will teach you more than his words ever could.”                                 A piece of modern, viral wisdom widely shared on social media and credited to various digital creators. It is part of a longer, popular reflection detailing how a child's perception of their father's wisdom evolves through the decades.

Note: The "I, me, and my" disease.  Example of those who own it, Satan, (Moses 4:1), Saul, Nabal, and others.  It is a challenge, and I hope I always avoid it.  The disease is caused by comparison and pride.

I had prayer, showered, and shaved.  Debbie called yesterday and today.  She attended funeral in Shelly yesterday and viewing of another couisn.  The funeral is tomorrow.  Debbie made an angel food cake for me for today, Father's Day.  I made breakfast for Beth and me.  She washed the dishes.  We attended Lehi 7th Ward's sacrament meeting and left a little before 1pm and drove down to Provo.  We arrived just as Tucker was getting back to his dorm from church.  Beth gave him the food, drinks, and things she bought for him at Target.  The blue blanket sheads, and the basketball was not bagged in her things she paid for.  I will go by the Target store in American Fork and have the blanket and basketball refunded on her charge card.  Before leaving the dorm, I gave James Tucker Davis a grandfather's blessing as he start college this week.  Michael, Matthew, and Rae Lynn called today and wished me a happy Father's Day.  Beth gave me a nice father's day card, and wrote a very specil not on it.  Debbie gave me a card before she left.  I got home and put the Tesla on charge so I will not run out of power tomorrow.   I studied scriptures and had dinner before prayer and going to bed.




Comments