5 Jun 2026, Friday

5 Jun 2026, Friday

Prioritized Daily Tasks 

Karlene Searle Higham's birthday

Debbie has taken George, Laura, Pat, Anndalyn, Clara, & Ellie to Athens, Greece, and returns on Saturday, June 13th


Note: I was thinking the other day that if I keep getting older, I will be like Moroni; there will be no one left living to attend my funeral. All the people I knew are passing on. Your post gave another insight into getting older.  

 "There is a humility that only comes with realizing some people were not given the years you have been blessed with.

Every morning is more than a routine. It is mercy opening the door again. Another breath. Another sunrise. Another chance to love someone, forgive someone, pray for someone, notice the light through the window, hear a familiar voice, or sit in silence with a heart that has survived more than others can see.

Age carries memories that are both tender and heavy. There are names you still miss, seasons you wish you could revisit, moments you would hold longer if time had asked your permission. You may think of those who left too soon, those who never reached this chapter, those whose laughter still echoes in your heart. Gratitude does not erase grief, but it teaches the soul to hold sorrow with reverence.

Lord, every minute You have given me is a gift I did not create, earn, or control. My hands could not add one hour to my life. My strength could not guarantee another day. Yet Your mercy has carried me through dangers I understood and dangers I never saw.

There will still be moments when the body feels tired, when memories ache, when the future feels uncertain. In those moments, let gratitude become prayer. Let every breath say, “Thank You.” Let every ordinary day become holy because God is still present in it.

To grow older is not merely to count years. It is to recognize grace in the minutes. The life God has given is sacred, and a thankful heart turns even a simple day into worship.

Lord, thank You for the years, the mornings, the memories, and the minutes I never want to take for granted. Help me live with a grateful heart, a peaceful mind, a gentle spirit, and eyes open to Your mercy. Teach me to cherish today, bless those I love, and trust You with every tomorrow. "  Joan Kimball DuPont

Slept in, prayer, scriptures on a podcast (Come Follow Me), and Matthew helped me learn the  Plaud software.  Matthew and I took Madeline to Aleshia's; they attend the same school. Melodie took Bella to a friend's where she is spending the night.  Matthew, Ava, and I went to Chick-fil-A's for a late lunch or early dinner.  Matthew and Melodie went to the "Padres" (the San Diego Padres play baseball in the MLB, Major League Baseball).  Madeline came home with a friend.  One of the mothers of Madeline's friends is taking them to their high school bonfire.  Madeline is riding home with a friend that Matthew and Melodie have approved for her to spend the night.  Ava and I stayed home.  Ava played games and watched TV.  Matthew ordered pizzas for us.  After dinner, we had prayer, and Ava slept in her bed.  I slept in Matthew and Madeline's bed in the next room. 




Comments