11 Jul 2026, Saturday

11 Jul 2026, Saturday

Prioritized Daily Task

Elder Ethan Hobbs' 19th Birthday (In Peru)

Call Curt Lathon, 770-823-9264

Fill the car with gas 

Spend the night with Earlton and his son Devin Youngblood

Names of others I forgot that attended Charlie Hibbert’s funeral yesterday: Joan Dupont, Vick and Carol Abbott

10:00 am – Sacrament meeting in Rome, Bishop Jonathan Cranford; he is originally from South Georgia but came to Rome from Draper, Utah.  He works for a technology company.  I saw Nick Filetta and Luke Andres.  John Grout and Alvin Smith were there.

4:30pm – Gary McClellan, Elain McClellan Bryant’s nephew; her brother, deceased, Forney Wilburn “Mac” McClellan, Jr., oldest son, came by Roy and Elain’s.  They took him to the train station.  Forney McClellan, Sr. took his son on train rides, now Forney Jr. still rides the train across the country. 

Up at about 5:45am.  Had prayer, showered, and shaved.  Earlton and I had cereal and fruit for breakfast.   Earlton rode to church with me and road back home with Devin and Shannon after church.  I drove down to Pleasant Hill Baptist Church at Tallapoosa.  I got there before 11:30 am.   Wayne Morris the minister has members share their talents playing musical instruments and singing.  Curt Lathon and his wife was there with some of their children.  I met his son and two or three of his daughter. I also met one of his sisters.  I met Tyler, one of Wayne Morris’ sons.  He drives the church bus on Wednesday evenings to pickup the children who come to church.  They feed them a nice meal.  Wayne introduced me to the congregation and thanked me for the donation of the land for a family center.  He told the story about how long they had hoped and planned for a family center but saw no possible way of getting one.  Once I donated the land there was no way possible of getting the money to build without a loan from the bank.  If the bank did make a loan the payments would be $2,500 a month or more and they did not want to give them a loan.  Then the Ebeneezer Baptist Church in Mableton Georgia was closing down.  Donations were not enough to pay the utility bills.  An elderly member Mary Fowler whose husband’s family owned the cabinet and furniture company in Mableton had passed away.  Mrs. Fowler had influence with the Ebeneezer Church Board and had them make a donation of about $250,000 to the Pleasant Hill Church’s family building.  Wayne said that is how the Lord works.  Things that seem that people see as impossible the Lord makes happen.  After church services I did not get to talk to Curt Lathon, but met his wife, his sister, and some of their children.  I did talk to Wayne Morris, the minister, and asked him to find our as much information about the Pleasant Hill Church from its beginning and the graveyard from it beginning until the present.  He said his daughter is  a par-legal and has access to the records at the court house in Buchanan and can help.  I told him I will pay what it cost to get a history of the Pleasant Hill Church and cemetery.  I drove to Roy and Elain Bryant, 120 Anthony Dr., Anniston, Alabama 36201.  They went to lunch at Captain Ds fish restaurant to meet Elain’s cousin Gary McClellan at 2:00pm.  He called about 4pm and said he would come by their house.  It was almost 6 pm before he arrived.  He parked his car and I rode with Roy and Elain to take him to the train station in Anniston.  H caught a premium sleeper car.  He will not be back until the 1st of August.  We went by the old Walter and Lena Bryant’s home (1418 Pine Street in Anniston) where Roy grew up and Ora, Elaine, and I would visit when we were young.  When we got back home I ate some cereal, chips, dip, bread, and milk with fruit.  I called and talked to Debbie, my wife.  We had prayer together before I got to bed about 11:30pm.


Comments