19 Jul 2026, Sunday
19 Jul 2026, Sunday
Prioritized Daily Task
Our 12th Anniversary
Note: He that fails to plan, plans to fail. "By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail." Benjamin Franklin
Have you ever asked yourself when in an uncomfortable situation, "What would Jesus do?" A better question is, "What did Jesus do?" We are the only people who have lived on this earth who can answer that question because we have the Bible (Old and New Testaments), Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price that tell us what Jesus did.
Note: Debbie's monthly newsletter: Dear Family,
This summer is almost gone. I was in Walmart and was so surprised to see school supplies on the shelves. Where has our summer gone? I think we need more days in summer. The older I get the faster the days go bye. I am filling up my calendar with football schedules and cheer schedules. Please let us know of any event the children are in; we would love to come support them.
Welcome home, Tylee!!! It was wonderful to hug and cheer Zuster Hobbs back home from her mission in the Belgium/Netherlands Mission. She was happy one minute and crying another! Coming home is a hard thing to do, but these experiences bring much growth and resilience. Tylee has grown spiritually strong in the gospel, mentally strong and physically strong to help with the daily challenges of life. She glows with the love of the Savior and will miss the people she grew to love. We love you, Tylee!
We are excited to have Abbey prepare for her mission and the growth that will come to her as she serves the people in Germany. We love you, Abbey, and your willingness to serve your Lord and Savior.
Elder Hobbs, Camden, is growing in leadership, serving the people in Texas and spiritually developing a love of the gospel, faith in Jesus Christ, and helping others see the joy Christ can give. We love you, Camden, and the service you are giving there.
We are thrilled for the wedding of Casey and Kylie coming up soon! The Bridal shower is this Saturday, July 25th, at 11:00-1:00 at Anndalyn’s. Bring your dancing shoes. Ryan has his yard in tip-top shape, and Casey’s dad is making the dance floor! It will be a party!!
We want to wish Andrew, Porter, Alex and Samantha a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sam and
Tyler had a wedding anniversary, too! Len and I celebrated our 12th anniversary Saturday with messages, dinner and a movie. I asked him if we could make it 12 more years-he will be 94 and I will be 87…he said, “No Problem”! We are setting new goals for the years ahead! I want to be around to see my grandchildren get married and have children of their own. I am ready for more travels and more celebrations!
Our home remodel is coming along, thanks to our builder, Jared and the boys! They have been my demolition experts, framers, architects, electricians, managers, and clean-up crew. We are putting a bedroom and bathroom in the bonus room and left room for the pool table and a meeting area. It will be a great addition to the home.
We want to wish Clara and Ellie good luck on their new adventures:
Clara is leaving for the College of Southern Nevada on August 18th to start her freshman year of college and to play softball. We want to wish her well and safe travels. Now I have an excuse to book flights to Vegas!! Love watching you pitch, Clara!!
Ellie leaves September 7th for the Dominican Republic to teach English! This will be a great experience for her, and the children will love their teacher! This will be a great stepping stone for her mission next year! We want to wish her safe travels and lots of love.
I love stained glass windows and especially the ones in the temples and those all over Europe. I love seeing the light shine through and the colors that emerge on the walls and floors. During the 17th century stain glass windows were the poor man’s bible. They told the stories of Christ’s life and his mission to people who could not read. In modern temples, they symbolize the area where the temples are built.
Stained glass windows are broken pieces of colored glass welded together to form a perfect picture. We are like those stained glass windows. We came whole to this earth, and we have experiences and make choices that sometimes break us and make us feel imperfect. I am thankful for the principle of repentance and forgiveness. I am thankful for our Savior and his willingness to be our Savior and Redeemer. He felt the hot flame of suffering for our sins and wrongdoings, for our sickness and pains. It was because of his tender mercies and saving grace we can be made whole through the refiner’s fire and welded back again. We can have the light of Christ shine through our souls again and share His light with others.
We love each one of you so much, and you are always in our prayers. We are planning our
Thanksgiving celebration and other little celebrations of life along the way. You know us, we
love a party!!! Have a great month and be safe out there-it’s a jungle!!!
Love,
Gma and Gpa Len
I got up at 2:30 am and put an anniversary card on the bathroom sink that Debbie will see when she wakes up. She got up early; I slept in until 8:00am. Debbie and I had prayer together, and I had a can of chicken noodle soup with soda crackers for brunch. I showered, shaved, and got ready for church. I sent Autumn and Michael a thank-you note for the spa gift card they gave us for our anniversary. I talked to Matthew and Beth this morning. I listened to some Scripture Central about Jesus Christ by Lawrence Corbridge. At 12:00 noon, we attended Sacrament and Sunday School meetings. After church services, we came home, had dinner, and planned our calendars through November. I called and talked to Rae Lynn; they got home late last night from Brett's family siblings' get-together. I wrote some of the missionaries, Elder Ethan Hobbs, Elder Camdon Hobbs, Elder Baylen Johnson, and Tucker Davis, who will be leaving soon for Peru. I talked to Matthew. The family Thanksgiving gathering is in Diamante, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Madeline is with Melodie visiting friends; Bella and her friend are swimming, and Ava is playing in her room. She is supposed to get her cast off tomorrow. Matthew is in the process of bringing the nursing home chain with several hundred homes on board with his software. Debbie and I studied scriptures, had prayer, and got to bed at about 10:30 pm.
Comments
Post a Comment