2 July 2026, Thursday

2 Jul 2026, Thursday

Prioritized Daily Task

Porter Hobbs' 17th Birthday

5:10am - 1st Shift Saratoga Springs Temple

10:30 am - Drive to Logan

5:00 pm - Abbie Hobbs Temple Session

Matthew -    tell me about  Grammarly Insights; is this something I need?   https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgzQgMgGzGvstMDhSpkVKQKTKmxnF        

Debbie and I were up early this morning.  We showered and got ready for the temple.  On the first shift, I worked in initiatory.  Brother Taylor, the coordinator on the 1st shift on Tuesday, is subbing for the assistant maintenance worker today.   He is the president of the local chapter of public speakers in this area.   He is having a motivational public speaker coming the 3rd week in August to SLC.   We talked about motivational speakers we knew back in the 60s and 70s.  One was Zig Ziglar, born Nov 6, 1926, in Coffee County, AL. He died Nov 28, 2012, in Plano, TX.   Jerry and Zig were born two months apart, and both lived in Yazoo, Mississippi.  Brother Taylor worked in the speaking circuit of speakers when he was younger but had never heard of Jerry Clower, Born September 28, 1926, Liberty, MS and Died August 24, 1998 (age 71 years), in Jackson, MS.   Liberty, Mississippi, is 135 miles north of Yazoo, where Zig was from.  He did know Douglas "Doug" T. Snarr, from Idaho Falls, who stuttered when he was young and became a motivational speaker.   After the temple, Debbie and I came home and had brunch.  We staked the rose tree that had blown over with a 4-foot iron stake and secured it with a band that will not cut into the rose bush.  Debbie and I drove up to Logan and took Drew to Pizza Plus in Highland.  We took him him and Debbie and I met Ryan, Stephanie, her parents, her sister and her husband at the Logan Temple.  We went on an endowment session when Abby was endowed.  Afterwards we took pictures and drove back Home in Lehi.  We did a little packing, had prayer, and got to bed at about 11pm.

Drew Hobbs having Pizza for his 9th birthday

                                          Abby Hobbs at Logan Temple; will be a missionary in Germany



                              Part of Abby's family at Logan Temple



Comments