9 Jul 2026, Thursday
9 Jul 2026, Thursday
Prioritized Daily Task
4:55 am - 1st Shift Saratoga Springs Temple
1:35 pm - Depart SLC to ATL on Delta; arrive at 7:22 pm
7:30 pm - EconomyCarRentals booking EC2F12F9 is confirmed
9:30 pm before I was able to leave the airport with my rental car.
Up at 3am, prayer, shower, shaved; Debbie woke us up at 4 am, showered, we had prayer together, she made supplement drinks last night for us to take with us today. Our prayer meeting started at 6am, and I spent most of the shift in initiatory. When our shift ended at 10:00 am, I changed from my white temple clothes to my suit, white shirt, and tie. When we got home, Jared, Porter, Tate, and Max were working on the new bedroom upstairs. Debbie cooked eggs, cream of wheat, toast, and avocado. Debbie took me to the SLC airport, and I talked to Matthew on my way up and texted everyone before my flight to Atlanta took off. When I arrived and got my luggage, I could not find Economy Car Rental. They did not have a location at the Atlanta Airport. I took the tram to both car rental locations. No one was able to help. I checked my phone, and I had a computer-generated text that Ace Car Rental was holding a car for me. I had to go to two Ace locations before I was able to get my rental car; then they put a $300 charge for security, which, if nothing happens, I will get back when I turn the car in. I sent a text to everyone I had landed and was on my way to Cedartown. Max texted and called. He was waiting up when I arrived. He had apples and crunchy peanut butter waiting. We talked and visited until after midnight. I unpacked, had prayer, and went to bed about 12:30 am.
Note: (I have been on the email thread with Sister Tylee Hobbs, Jared and Jamie's oldest child, who has been serving for the last 18 months in the Netherlands.) Well, as I have been closing up my mission, I have been able to sit and reflect on everything my mission has taught me. I can not even put into words what these past 18 months have meant to me. Coming out, I did not think that I would make many changes with the work here, especially in Europe, but I also didn't think I would see many changes within myself. But from the very start, my trainer has shown and taught me that God is a God of miracles, and he does not change, and he will do the same for me. I have been able to come to know my Savior and Heavenly Father out here. This is where I have found them. From crusty bus rides, sharing my testimony with absolute strangers, outdated and rusty bikes, and even mice-infested apartments, I have seen God show up in every detail. I have seen people completely change their lives from being a whole drug addict and homeless to becoming a second counselor in the Elders' Quorum presidency. God will do this work with or without us because he is a God of miracles but I have been so blessed being able to be a part of this work !! I just wanted to share my favorite scripture with you all that has continued to remind me who he is.
Mormon 9 : 9~11, 19
`9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?
10 And now, if ye have imagined up unto yourselves a god who doth vary, and in whom there is shadow of changing, then have ye imagined up unto yourselves a god who is not a God of miracles.
11 But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are.
19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles. `
Well, everyone, this is my last email for my mission. I'm so sorry I didn´t send too many, but thank you for reading them and keeping in contact!! I can't wait to see you all next week! Love you all!!
LONG LIVE THE BNZ!!!
XOXO
Zuster (Sister) Hobbs
Comments
Post a Comment