11 Aug 2026, Tuesday
11 Aug 2026, Tuesday
Prioritized Daily Task
7:45 am - Debbie work in yard
FHC at Thanksgiving Point, Randy Bryson, (1) Handwriting ERC, translating or transcribing is getting worse. (2) I worked on trying to learn who the family is that died of the plague in the 1890s and is buried in the William Alexander and Mannah McAlpin Old Indian Graveyard. The 1890 Census was destroyed in the 1921 fire that occurred on January 10, 1921, in the basement of the U.S. Department of Commerce Building (then called the Commerce Building) in Washington, D.C. The blaze and the thousands of gallons of water used to put it out destroyed or severely damaged roughly 99% of the 1890 U.S. Federal Census population schedules. What I am trying to do is learn who the people were who lived in Newsville, Haralson County, Georgia, in 1880 and 1900. Those who were not on both censuses are prospects. To narrow down the list, I will see the route the census taker took to visit each family.
Example of how Handwriting OCR has deteriorated in transcribing:/Sep 22, 29, 1/2 of 30, 1983. Debbie and I had prayer together at 7:00am. I worked on organizing things and went to the FHC in Thanksgiving Point. Debbie and Jody went to look for other venues for Libby and Alex. They they theink they have found a place that is available. I am pushing on with getting the scanned handwriting in my 1983 journal transcribed and edited. I resent 3 pages: Sep 22, 29, and 30. I saw Barry and Marcia Butchelor at the Family History Center today. Marcia was a full-time missionary who served in Carrollton. Barry was an Aaronic Priesthood holder I got to know, and his father, when I was in the Marietta Stake Presidency and had not seen in years. Debbie got home, and we had dinner. Later, we had prayer together and got to bed before 11:00 pm.
Comments
Post a Comment