7 Aug 2026, Friday

7 Aug 2026, Friday 

Prioritized Daily Task

Beth is flying up to bring Tucker a larger suitcase and go with him back home.

Note:  Mailed via US Postal Service, tracking number 9505-5156-2655-6219-7847-66, paid $12.90 to mail by Priority Mail   

Find a Grave                                                           August 7, 2026

42 Future Way, Suite 400

Draper, Utah 84020

Dear Sir or Madam,

Regarding:  Pleasant Hill Baptist Church

My name is James L. McAlpin.  I am from Pleasant Hill near Newsville in Haralson County, Tallapoosa, Georgia.  My family has lived there from before the county was established and Georgia was basically Indian territory.  My family donated the land for the graveyard and for building the first church.  Last year I donated the land for the church to build a family center.  

I have suggested to the minister and some of the deacons to write a book about the history of the church and the cemetery for the dedication of the community family center next to the church.  I would like to know if it is possible to get the names and information from Find a Grave on the people who are buried at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Cemetery, and the process of getting the data in a printable format?

Best regards,


James L. McAlpin

653 West 1310 North

Lehi, Utah 84043 

I did not wake until 9 am this morning.  Debbie and I had prayer and I drove down to the Provo Airport and picked Beth up.  We drove over to Helaman Hall.  Beth brought him a large suitcase.  He packed and cleaned the dorm room.  On the way home, I had the Tesla in self-driving mode.  On University Avenue and before State Street, with cars on both sides and behind me, the Tesla put on the brakes and stopped in the middle of the street.  The car behind me had to brake, or there would have been an accident.  I took the Tesla off self-driving and called 801-817-4032, Tesla Collision and Repair in SLC.  I told the person I spoke with in service what happened.  He tried connecting me to Tesla Service and gave me their phone number 877-798-3752 (Roadside Assistance).  I told the person I spoke with what happened, and he is pulling the self-driving report on the car at the time the brakes went on without cause.  He is sending me a copy of the report.  I think it may have been because I was on my phone trying to find a contact.  I did not see or hear any warning before the car stopped.  Beth repacked Tucker's two bags and Debbie made sourdough French toasst with the waffle iron.    After brunch we visited with ocie.  I took Tucker and Beth to the Provo Airport using the Tesla's selfdriving and had no problem.  It even puller over to the side of the road and stopped for an emergency vehicle.  We arrived at the airport a little before 5pm.  Beth and Tucker's flight departs Provo for SAN a little after 6 pm.  Beth called and talked to Andrew.  I think Maggie was sleeping.  Debbie took Ocie to In-and-Out Burgers.  Tylee got her car from the shop and dropped the Subaru  Outback off at the house.  I stopped at Arbey's and got a roast beef sandwich, which I ate at home with Debbie and Ocie. They went to the movie theater to see the Munchkins.  I got to April 1st in my 1983 journal before I stopped and watched a video I had googled from my 1983 journal I was proofreading: Filmstrip "The SACRAMENT" VVF 2842 and found The Sacrament (1992), Hard-to-Find Mormon Videos at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0quAMNilr6M&t=4s

It is well worth watching.  It made me appreciate what I have been given.  Debbie, Ocie, and I watched part of a movie on TV, had prayer together, personal prayer and to bed at about 11pm.


Comments